There are numerous benefits of Aloe vera Plant is a common medicinal plant, found in every second house. In scientific terms it belongs to Liliaceae family. It contains more than 95% of water and many medicinal properties. Aloe Vera is used in many home remedies suggested for skin, hair, allergies, face, immunity, health, kidney, uterus etc.
Here are few benefits of Aloe Vera plant we should know!!
1. Benefits of aloe vera for skin
Benefits of aloe vera for skin are as follows :-
- Aloe Vera gel reduces sun burn. It works as UV protector
- It helps to reduce inflammations and hydrates the skin.
- It has soothing and cooling properties. It act as great remedy for blemishes and rashes.
- Aloe gel is great for acne and pimples. It reduces bacterial and fungal infection.
- It brightens and lightens our skin.
- It also contains anti-sagging properties of skin.
2. Benefits of Aloe Vera for hair
- Aloe Vera is a great weapon for fighting with dandruff (Seborrheic dermatitis) and dry scalp.
- It is also used to treat dry scalp.
- It helps to reduce extreme dryness and fizziness of hairs.
- It also promotes hair growth along with strengthening hair root.
3. Aloe Vera for Kidney
In the latest researches, Scientists experiment on Rat’s lipid profile using Aloe gel and as a result, they found that the bad cholesterol level is decreased. Aloe Vera also contains anti-oxidants which are good for kidney health.
4. Aloe Vera for Eyes
Aloe Vera reduces swelling, puffiness and dark circles under eyes. It also helps to get relief from irritation, redness, and dry eyes. Aloe gel is rich in anti-oxidants, zinc, potassium and Vitamin C,D and E which are good for our skin and eye health. So making our eyes healthier is one the major benefits of aloe vera gel.
5. Aloe Vera for Weight loss
Aloe Vera has properties to reduce body fat. It is a good source of water and minerals. Actually it regulates enzymatic actions and boosts up the metabolism. It cut down the fat storage and also prevents it’s accumulation. Aloe vera could boost your metabolism, increasing the number of calories you burn throughout the day to promote weight loss
6. Aloe Vera for Diabetes treatment :-
Research suggests that aloe vera juice or supplements could posses a number of possible and effective benefits for people suffering with diabetes:
Taking aloe vera gel can help people achieve better fasting blood glucose levels, as well as reduce body fat and weight.Aloe vera has property to regulates the production of insulin in body. According to a study taking two spoons of aloe vera juice per day can cause blood sugar levels to fall in people suffering with type 2 diabetes.
7. Aloe gel for as Laxative :-
Due to the gel constancy and high water content, Aloe is also used to treat constipation. The regulation of metabolism and increasing absorption of nutrients helps to keep our stomach and intestine healthy. If one have Crohn’s disease, colitis, or hemorrhoids then one shouldn’t consume aloe vera. It can cause severe abdominal cramps and diarrhea. You should stop taking aloe vera if you are taking other medicine because it may decrease your body ability to absorb the drug
8. An alternative to mouthwash :-
Researchers have found that aloe vera gel can be a safe and effective alternative to chemical-based mouthwashes. The aloe vera plant contains natural ingredients, which include a healthy dose of vitamin C, that can block plaque and even it can also provide relief if you have bleeding or swollen gums.
Aloe Vera contains a foul smelled, yellow coloured gel known as aloin which is harmful for us. Many studies indicates that the consumption of unprocessed aloe may results in cancer. Applying of improper aloe gel on face can also causes breakouts.
So there are a number benefits of aloe vera plant and the various gels and extracts that are to be made from it. Researchers are further working on to discover new methods to make it more useful. But one must be sure to consult your doctor if you plan to use aloe vera in a medicinal manner.